Shaitanshammer BBS
Among bright stars, I'm lost.

Hub, for Roadrunner Books, and blog of author Rodney C. Johnson.

|
D2D Author Page | Gumroad Store | On Amazon | On Google Play | On Barnes and Noble | On Kobo | On Lulu.com | On Smashwords |

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 25, 2018 8:50 pm  #1

Is JJ Abrams Retconning Mara Jade Into Episode 9?

Rumour: Lucasfilm looking to cast  Mara Jade  in Star Wars: Episode IX

This is good... But, a wasted opportunity once again. See, I have little doubt the Lucasfilms and Disney are trying to save Rian Johnon's disaster which was The Last Jedi, by incorporating some of the beloved Extended Universe into the next movie.

But its going to take more than making Mara Jade, canon again to fix what Disney and Rian Johnson broke. This alone won't de-MarySue Rey (Nobody) either. Of course making her a Skywalker should have been done upfront as I think was JJ Abrams plan until Rian Jonnson got involved.

I am of two minds about this. Yes seeing an actress cast to play Mara Jade in the flesh is awesome, but I can't help but think its too little too late.

April 25, 2018 9:06 pm  #2

Re: Is JJ Abrams Retconning Mara Jade Into Episode 9?

Addendum.

The other fix, would be un-killing Luke Skywalker, and simply making so he teleported away or something. Look if Star Trek can un-kill Spock, Disney can retcon Luke Skywalker back to life, which would allow for Luke, Mara, Rey, AS A FAMILY to rebuild the Jedi Order and take down whomever ends up running the First Order (Cause, I'm fairly sure Snoke is going to end up being alive...)

Board footera